Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kiss and Tell Reviews: Glee Episodes 18 and 19


So let's catch up on Glee shall we? Rather than from the beginning, we'll just jump right into Episode 18. If you haven't seen the show, I highly suggest it. This is not Lost, you do not need a novel to catch up to speed. There are full episodes from 15 on and clips from episodes before that at , so check them out if you are interested.

Episode 18: Laryngitis

What I loved about this episode was Kurt. His story line is currently a heart wrenching one. Kurt has told his father, Burt that he is gay and his dad is having a hard time dealing with it. Not being able to relate well to Kurt, Mr. Hummel bonds with his girlfriend’s son, Finn. Finn is in Glee club with Kurt, so things have been a little awkward for them. When Kurt sees how easy it is for his dad to talk ‘guy stuff’ with Finn, Kurt decides to try and be straight. It doesn’t work out. In the end of the episode, there is a tearjerker with Kurt and his dad where Burt tells his son that he loves him no matter what and he only ever wants him to be himself. It is quite the touching scene. Bravo to Glee for giving a positive example of how parents can deal with a gay/lesbian child. I was really impressed by this.

Also, I loved that Finn got Rachel to stop whining at least for a little bit. As much as I love hearing Rachel sing, I really hate listening to her talk about herself and complaining. Kudos to Finn for that one.

What I didn’t like about this episode was the Mercedes and Puck thing going on. I loved Puck’s song in this one, but the whole relationship thing between them is just really not working out for me. I think it’s just awkward between the two of them.

Over all: Great episode! A must watch in the Glee season.

Episode 19: Dream On
After such a great episode, this one seemed a step backward. Neil Patrick Harris finally showed up as Bryan Ryan, the Glee star from Mr. Schuester’s past. This episode was all about if achieving a dream of being a star is really possible or not.

What I liked was Artie, for the most part. I was not happy when he blamed his falling on Tina. However, I loved that being paralyzed didn’t stop him from dreaming of being a dancer. The story again was pretty sad, and him watching Tina dance with out him in the end was tragic, but I liked seeing this new side of Artie. I think one strong point of Glee is that they don’t play by the rules. The kid in the wheelchair battles his dream of dancing. He has to go through some ups and downs in this episode of whether that is actually possible or not. It was very interesting. Also, Rachel is searching for her mom. It seems Jesse is working for Rachel’s mom and trying to get Rachel to search her out and lead her in the right direction. We’ll see how Rachel takes it when she finds out.

What I didn’t like so much was the new character. He just didn’t fit well for me. I guess we’ll see what happens. The only good part with him for me was the song battle between him and Mr. Schuester to Aerosmith’s Dream On.

Over all: This was an okay episode. Certainly good, but not as good as some of the others.

Next week, GAGA! Get ready for some awesome outfits, singing and dancing. Maybe even who Rachel’s mom is and what Jesse is really up to. Rumor has it that Rachel and her mom sing Pokerface.

No comments:

Post a Comment