
Bright Star
This movie is about John Keats who is one of the Romantic poets of English literature. He only every published work over a four year period, and this movie is in that time span. The movie centers around the love story of Keats and Fanny Brawne. This is one of those unstoppable love stories that most girls I think will like.
When it comes to movies, I have a type. Well, actually two that will very quickly become apparent. I love period pieces surrounded by a love story and superhero movies. This movie was right up my ally. Fanny is a want to be fashion maker and John Keats is the tortured artist who posses a power over words. Keats is so sweet and quirky that it’s hard not to love him in the movie. He is also poor beyond all imagination while Fanny’s family has money, so we can see why in that time period they would not be allowed to be together. A lot of the information to create this story comes from the surviving letters from John to Fanny that are read in the movie. We also see the process of John Keats writing his poem Bright Star which is his love poem to Fanny.
The scenery and lighting in the movie are wonderful. I love how the English countryside adds to the movie and gives a mood for the love story. As the love blooms, so do the flowers, as typical in these movies. The costumes are fun and interesting and the actors play their parts well. At the end of the movie, Abbie Cornish, who plays Fanny, has a very emotional scene that she plays wonderfully.
Overall: I think this is a great movie. I loved the story and the look of the movie. It is a simple movie with a simple story line and I think the beauty of this movie truly lies in that simplicity.
If you liked Pride and Prejudice or Young Victoria I think you should check this movie out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment