Thursday, May 27, 2010


Sherlock Holmes

So I just now got around to seeing the new Guy Ritchie. This was an interesting movie for me. It was tons of fun, but pretty predictable. As much as I wanted to LOVE this movie, it was only alright. By no means was it a bad movie, but it was nothing new or special.

The actors in this movie were spot in. Robert Downy Jr. as Holmes was fantastic. He was just strange enough to pull it off. Jude Law as Watson was also good in his role bringing a more sane side of Robert Downy Jr.’s Holmes. I think Rachel McAdams was a little off; she really didn’t ever seem to mesh into her role for me.

I know my mom hated the filming style, but I quite liked it. Ritchie did a lot of filming with a blue cast to it, giving it that cold, mysterious even dingy London in the Victorian age kind of look. I think it fit the movie and the story line well, but my mom hates not seeing true color. That may be something that turns people off on the movie.

There are some really great fight scenes (the boxing ring scene) and some really cool effects (the glass sword), but all in all it was a pretty typical movie. It was a fun watch and enjoyable, but it didn’t leave me in awe as I had hoped.

If you liked any Guy Ritchie movie, or any sort of mystery movie, I think you will enjoy this.

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment