Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kiss and Tell Reviews: Glee Episode 20


Episode 20: Theatricality

The Lady Gaga episode sure didn’t disappoint, and it had nothing to do with the Gaga songs at all. The boys, minus Kurt, chickened out on the Gaga part and did Kiss instead, which I think was a good choice. My pick for best song of the night was “Beth”, proving that Puck may one day grow up.

I’m still up in the air about Rachel’s mom. It seemed a little weird the way it all played out, but I think in some strange way it worked. Again, Glee took the more realistic way with this whole scenario, not the cheesy mother and daughter happy together all at once route. Their “Poker Face” song at the end was very cool. It gave the song a whole new vibe, so I suggest watching this scene if you love Lady Gaga songs.

However, the best scene of the whole episode was by none other than Kurt’s dad again. SOME ONE GIVE THAT MAN A MEDAL!! Burt Hummel is the best dad in the world. The way he stood up for Kurt to Finn like that was absolutely incredible. I honestly think that this was one of the most important scenes in TV history for our generation. Glee does an amazing job of putting the tough guy father and gay son relationship into a whole new light, and I think this show is really positive example for our society.

Overall, I loved the entire show. It was fun, exciting and emotional. I would highly recommend that anyone watch this episode. Again, I think this is a really great moment in TV history that our society should take note of so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment