Wednesday, May 26, 2010


Young Victoria

Young Victoria is about just that, the young Queen Vitoria. It is a pretty straightforward movie. Victoria was very young when she took the throne and political powerhouses try to take control of her believing she is vulnerable. Victoria in true British monarch movie form proves she can handle things. We also see the beginning of the famous royal love story between Victoria and Albert.

I don’t know about you, but I knew absolutely nothing about the beginning of Queen Vitoria’s rule. To me, I found this movie to be very interesting because of that. The beginning of her rule was quite the scandal and the relationship between Victoria and her mother was absolutely insane. If you already know all about that, then I might skip this movie. If you don’t, the story will be fresh and interesting for you. The same can be said for the story of Victoria and Albert. Their love story is pretty cute. Albert is so sweet, talented and protective that it’s easy to see why Victoria chose to marry him. Try to ignore the fact that Victoria and Albert are first cousins.

The costumes won an Oscar, so obviously they were stunning and the setting is beautiful as well. I love when movies just look pretty and this one fit the bill for sure.

Overall, I really liked this movie. It was a good movie just to sit and watch and relax. I watched it with my mom, who liked it as well, so a wide age range may enjoy this movie. There is a great all star cast of Emily Blunt, Rupert Friend, and Paul Bettany to name a few so you know the story is going to be well acted. I don’t think this is a must see kind of movie, but it is certainly worth the watch if you are at all interested.

If you liked Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth I, The Tudors, or Marie Antoinette I would suggest this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment